Now there’s a new way to Bayway
- Services Bay County
- Individual rides
- Rides requested with Uber
- Ride daily between 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Introducing Bayway On Demand+! This new service integration is presented by Bayway in collaboration with Uber to help make public transportation more accessible for our community. Bayway On Demand+ is a supplement to fixed route service that runs throughout Bay County. The cost of your ride with Uber is covered by Bayway, just pay the $1.50 copay when you request your ride! See eligibility details below.
To qualify for Bayway On Demand+ now integrated with Uber, you must have no other means of transportation available and be traveling within Bay County. At least one of the following criteria must also be met:
- Applicant is age 60 or older; or
- Applicant’s income level falls below current federal poverty guidelines
- Applicant has a disability preventing the use of a bus route serviced by Bayway
Apply for Bayway On Demand+
How to Request a Ride
Download the Uber App
Once you are an approved rider, you will be provided a link via mobile phone or email walking you through the steps to download the Uber app or be given web-based access for an account. You’ll receive an email that includes your voucher. Click to add the voucher to your Uber account to access the $1.50 copay option for this program.
Once you have access to the app:
- Open the Uber app
- Select a ride from a Bayway vehicle or request a ride with Uber between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Make sure your voucher is toggled on. Pay the $1.50 copay – the rest of the ride is on us! Need to pay for the copay in cash? Call us at 850-769-0557
- Track your ride on the Uber app and board when it arrives
Can’t access the Uber app or need help scheduling your ride? Call us at 850-769-0557.