Now there’s a new way to Bayway
- Services Hwy 231
- Individual rides
- Rides requested with Uber
Introducing Bayway On Demand+! This new service integration is presented by Bayway in collaboration with Uber to help make public transportation more accessible for our community. Bayway On Demand+ is a supplement to fixed route service that runs from Highway 20 to the Panama City Mall. You’ll be able to travel back and forth on this route or use it as a transfer stop to hop on Bayway or request a ride with Uber. The cost of your ride with Uber is covered by Bayway, just pay the $1.50 copay when you request your ride!
To qualify for Bayway On Demand+ now integrated with Uber, you must have no other means of transportation available and be traveling within the 231 corridor. At least one of the following criteria must also be met:
- Applicant is age 60 or older; or
- Applicant’s income level falls below current federal poverty guidelines
- Applicant has a disability preventing the use of a bus route serviced by Bayway
Apply for Bayway On Demand+
How to Request a Ride
Download the Uber App
Once you are an approved rider, you will be provided a link via mobile phone or email walking you through the steps to download the Uber app or be given web-based access for an account. You’ll receive an email that includes your voucher. Click to add the voucher to your Uber account to access the $1.50 copay option for this program.
Once you have access to the app:
- Open the Uber app
- Select a ride from a Bayway or request a ride with Uber
- Make sure your voucher is toggled on. Pay the $1.50 copay – the rest of the ride is on us! Need to pay for the copay in cash? Call us at 850-769-0557
- Track your ride on the Uber app and board when it arrives
Can’t access the Uber app or need help scheduling your ride? Call us at 850-769-0557.